Translate

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Regional food envy cured after surprise package arrives at office! Announcing Part 3 in the "it's safe to say I work with the most awesome people" series


Back in September, I blogged about a wicked case of regional food envy (RFE) after I discovered the delicious tradition of West Virginia pepperoni rolls.  Completely foreign to my California upbringing, these rolls were just the hearty snack I never knew I always wanted.  The last time I got to enjoy one of these treats was during the summer-- and just when I thought I might never taste a genuine P-roll again, an entire box of them arrived from a colleague in West Virginia!  Hearing they were a "hot commodity" in California, he sent some along to us in Santa Monica.  In an unsolicited comment, April, coworker and long-time contributor of The Great American Bakery Hunt, wrote this enthusiastic early morning email:



From: April 
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:30 AM
To: Kristin

Subject: mmmmm...

"It’s so good, these pepperoni rolls for breakfast, I’m having another. I know, indulgent, but it’s a very rare occasion I can partake in such a morning treat! From West Virginia! Who else in California today can say they are having a breakfast from West Virginia?! Only us, only us!"

   


Notice that 7:30 am time stamp on April's email?  She couldn't wait to get to work in the morning to feast on another P-roll.  The Great American Bakery Hunt can't blame her.  Thanks to the folks in West Virginia who made our California day!

No comments: