Translate

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Coffee talk at Huckleberry with The Great American Bakery Hunt


Recently, I've been missing out on quality time with one of my very favorite local bakeries, Huckleberry.  So after work one evening, I stopped by and did some studying while sipping on their refillable coffee to my heart's content.  And since going to Huckleberry and not getting a treat is like going to France and skipping the bistros, I was also obligated to taste the cake pictured above.  This was before I had eaten dinner, but I was guided by the law of the bakery.  Big, fluffy, and chocolaty, this slice of cake is old school.  It's much like the slice of cake I imagine kids returning to after school, particularly kids who grew up on farmland and who were served fresh from-the-oven slices coupled with a tall glass of milk straight from the cows.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kristen, you should try one of those cheese souffles from TJ. You can find them in the frozen section.

Tom Bailey said...

Great suggestions the hygge bakery is one that I wanted to thank you for recomending. I go to LA frequently and they had some unique things.

I am going to check out more of your recomendations... chocolate bakery stuff is my favorite to give to people.

Best regards,
Tom Bailey

Keri said...

Hi Kristin, that looks insanley good. So do you! Just popping in to see what cooks in your world, Looks like plenty. Take care, Keri (a.k.a. Sam)