Translate

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Confessions of a Farmer's Market Cake Slinger...

I recently started slinging cakes at a nearby Farmer's Market. I was hired by a cake company to sell their products, and given my enthusiasm when it comes to cake, I love this job. They never assigned me a specific job title, so I have declared myself the "Unofficial But Passionate Bringer of Buttery, Sugary Joy to the Folks of Orange County". The only downside (blessing?) is that I get an employee discount. So by the end of the market, after staring at cake for several hours, I end up wanting to spend half of my pay so I can gobble up the delicious, moist, sweet goodness. Most of the time I can hold myself back, but sometimes I give in to buying a few of the mini-cakes. Hey, don't judge. At least I am working to support my habit.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

You should prolly buy me some nice cakes, nice lady. By the way the site looks great with all the pictures up!