Translate

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kitchen comforts of 2011

Kitchen comforts of 2011: Taking the time to light some candles.  Late night chocolate chip cookie baking.  Receiving FCK soccer fan paraphernalia sent from Denmark to California, with love from my host mom (see wristband above that also doubles as a napkin ring!)  

My semester abroad in Denmark opened up a world of pastries, but it also introduced me to European soccer culture.  Almost as soon as I stepped off the plane, my host sister convinced me that her favorite team FCK had to be my team as well, especially since her brothers were fans of FCK's rival team.  Years later, I'm still nostalgic for our fan club of two and the memories of my second home.
     


Editor's note:  If you're in the mood for a little Scandinavian culture, check out the Swedish film "Simple Simon."  It's not only a great Scandinavian film, but one of the best films I have seen in a long time and an Oscar entry for Sweden!  Thanks to the annual Scandinavian film festival in LA for giving me the opportunity to watch this incredible film.



No comments: