Translate

Monday, June 21, 2010

Special Delivery from New York to LA: a Levain Bakery oatmeal cookie makes a West Coast appearance

A long overdue shout out goes out to Alexis Madrid for bringing The Great American Bakery Hunt a cookie all the way back from Levain Bakery in New York.  As you can see, Alexis thoughtfully placed this cookie in a plastic baggie for travelin', labeled it with care, and delivered it to my desk in Los Angeles! 


While at the Levain Bakery, Alexis made the bold choice of the oatmeal raisin cookie to offer as a sampling to the Great American Bakery Hunt.  I'll admit, sometimes I'm a little skeptical of the oatmeal raisin cookie.  When presented with one, I try to keep an open mind, but inevitably find myself longing for the raisins to somehow magically turn into chocolate chips.  However, Levain Bakery could cause any chocolate chip lover to shift their cookie preference paradigm.  This oatmeal cookie, brilliantly chewy, flavorful, and massive in size, finally does justice to the oatmeal raisin genre.  So before you dismiss the oatmeal raisin cookie, you should certainly get a nibble of this one.


Thanks again Alexis!  I have to say I am touched and quite impressed that you were able to transport this cookie to me without first devouring it at JFK.  This one was a real showstopper!

2 comments:

Justin V said...

Cookie preference paradigm?? Finally, a social science I can get behind!

Next topic: phyllo pie philosophy :)

Arianna Belle said...

I prefer chocolate over raisins too but that cookie looks quite yummy!