Translate

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Friday night date with butter pecan cupcakes

After a truly epic Friday happy hour, I went directly to the grocery store and purchased the necessary ingredients to make some butter pecan cupcakes.

Included in my purchase was the 18-egg "Family Pak", which holds the promise of many baking experiments to come. While I'm clearly not buying 18 eggs for a family, the cashier asks no questions and probably just assumes I'm a single woman who eats an excessive amount of eggs. (In addition to my baking aspirations, I was probably subconsciously influenced by watching the morning news, where CBS announced earlier that it was National Egg Day.)

Most importantly, sometimes you just need a Friday when you can come home, enjoy a night free of social obligations, and make your entire studio apartment smell like a combination of dark brown sugar and vanilla.

No comments: